Verified Expert in Design
With over 15 years of experience in design, Korana's work spans a number of UX, UI, and graphic design projects. She's worked for Adidas, Pacific Disaster Centre, Transperfect, and Noteworth and is a co-founder of Zingword.com, a startup translation marketplace. Korana enjoys UX challenges and uses custom illustrations to give character to her designs. In her spare time, she does stop-motion animation.
Zingword | A Translation Workplace
Air Traffic Management | Education and Communication App
Lead UX/UI Designer for Enterprise Document Search System
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative UX research to develop a legal document search, document viewer, and redactor web application.
- Built high-fidelity interactive prototypes for different designs and workflows based on UX research and testing results via Axure RP Pro.
- Designed a UI for the web application and its desktop version, which serves as an uploader and document queue controller, using Sketch and Axure RP Pro.
- Designed and created small animations to be used in the final product.
- Collaborated with the front-end team to test a developed product and perform a UX review using Microsoft Azure.
Co-founder | Chief Design Officer | UX/UI Designer
- Designed the company's visual identity from logo and mascot designs to the final application.
- Conducted detailed quantitative and qualitative UX research of behavioral and attitudinal types.
- Designed the complete UI for the translator workplace, including the user dashboard, client search pages, user profile creation steps, messaging interface, and project pages.
- Developed the communication workflow with the user, including newsletters, automated emails through Intercom and Autopilot, and direct HTML emails.
- Created animated video graphics for the platform, loaders, and mobile use.
- Built interactive prototypes for each development and testing phase using Sketch, Figma, and Axure RP Pro.
- Oversaw the development of each stage of the platform using GitHub, CSS revisions, and VSC.
Freelance Designer and Illustrator
Home-based Studio | LOBO Design
- Created visual identities and developed brand guidelines.
- Designed print materials using different standard and special printing techniques.
- Generated wireframes, user workflows, and high-res interactive prototypes for native and B2B desktop and mobile applications, using Sketch, InVision, and Axure RP Pro.
- Designed a complete UX and UI for native and B2B applications.
- Devised custom illustrations for print and digital use. They included posters, brochures, websites, mobile apps, and pitch decks.
- Crafted motion graphics and custom animations for websites, mobile intros, and UI interactions.
Lead Visual Product Designer for a Cross-device SaaS Solution
Noteworth, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Designed a healthcare Android and iOS native app as well as a web platform.
- Designed UX flows for data collection, condition management, and remote monitoring.
- Created custom illustrations for mobile app user joyrides.
- Created and maintained Sketch libraries used by multiple members.
- Conducted small-scale research on competitor apps.
Data Merge Designer
Pacific Disaster Center
- Designed an InDesign template that uses Data Merge to generate versions of the brochure from an Excel source file.
- Created autogenerated graphs in the InDesign templates using the same Excel data.
- Worked on the UX and UI for a website providing users with the same data shared in the brochures, based on their search.
UX/UI Designer for a Mobile App
Himalayan Academy Publications (via Toptal)
- Designed a mobile reading app that is available on both Android and iPhone.
- Handled prototyping and communication through InVision.
- Designed a mobile event app accessible on both Android and iPhone.
Modern Dental Services (via Toptal)
- Redesigned the complete visual identity, including logo, color palette, and font design.
- Developed the brand book, including logo variations, specifications, and brand guidelines.
- Created promotional brochures communicating the company's products and services.
- Designed the special promotional print materials for events, such as posters, flyers, and booth design.
- Redesigned the company's corporate website apexdp.com.
- Managed and led the design and art direction of print materials.
- Worked with brands like Visa, Adidas, and Beiersdorf.
- Communicated with the printers and oversaw product delivery.
- Created designs for digital materials from banners to websites and mobile applications.
- Developed and maintained brand guidelines for in-house and client use.
- Worked with brands such as Vipnet, Karlovačko, and the Croatia Tourism Board.
- Developed concepts and designs for ads and commercials.
- Created visual identities and packaging designs for smaller brands.
- Created illustrations to be used in animations and printed materials.
- Worked on desktop publishing and preparing different types of files for different types of print and production.
Master's Degree in Graphic Design
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Graphic Arts - Zagreb, Croatia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring